Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Elegant Drink For A Hot Day

When I think of summer I think of cool, refreshing, and light drinks. But of course, I also want whatever I serve to have just a little twist to it to give it something extra.

This is my "I'm inoculating myself from Malaria" vodka and diet tonic. What gives it the "little something extra" is that I squeeze fresh lemon juice, freeze it in ice cube trays, and use one of these ice cubes in the drink instead of a twist. When served in a tall clear glass I feel it has a very sleek and sophisticated look about it. If you want to go a step further, add a sprig of mint for garnish.

The great thing about this drink is because the tonic is diet, the drink is very lo-cal. Of course the amount of calories depends on the amount of booze. One and a half ounces of vodka has 100 calories. My vodka and diet tonic has 250 calories; I'll let you do the math.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment